No more daily updates for this, as right now there isn't a lot to update on. From the last post we determined that OpenUpgrade wasn't suitable and a different approach was needed. Since then I've rapidly migrated and updated test coverage for the odoonz public repository. Currently 13/22 public modules exceed 90% coverage.
Its always kind of humbling writing test cases in retrospect, especially for modules that you might have written nearly 10 years ago before you even knew what testing was. You
find bugs you never would have imagined,
naturally update code to be more testable,
realise how much simpler it would have been just to write the tests in the first place.
When I've written tests in the past, running them was always a pain, to the point where I'd just upload the code and let github do it. I've found with Tecnativa's doodba project it is easy.
I've also worked out a much faster migration approach, and will start on that once the code is finalised in a couple of weeks.